If you need a solution to fill your field camp, cabin, van or personal space with warm, ambient lighting, look no further than BioLite SolarHome 620 System. This solar kit includes the control box, 3 hanging lights (one of which can be used as a motion sensor), 3 switches, and a low-profile 6-watt solar panel. Each light is controlled by its own switch that sets on/off, as well as low, medium and high strength brightness which is great for saving on battery life.
The control box houses a 20Wh rechargeable battery that takes about 6 hours of direct sun for a full charge. From this central unit you can monitor your energy usage, play music, and juice up your devices via 2 USB outputs. The LCD display will indicate current sun strength and battery level. If you're playing the built-in radio, the screen will show you the FM station you're on, and if playing mp3's from an SD memory card, it shows which track is playing. Oh, and this battery console functions as an additional light.
Set it up in the way that suits you and your space best, and don't forget you can always daisy-chain more BioLite SiteLights if your space requires.
FEATURES of the BioLite SolarHome 620 System
- Brings modern lighting, energy, and entertainment to transform any structure into an off-grid home
- 6 watt solar panel captures daily sun, and connects to the control box that powers the whole system
- 21 foot cable for connecting the solar panel to the control box
- Solar panel dimensions: 11.4 x 7.5 x 0.5 in.
- The control box provides full control of the system, allowing you to monitor your power, charge devices, play music or the radio, and even function as another light source
- Includes a total of three hanging lights, and 18 feet of daisy-chainable cables for lighting multiple rooms or tents
- Wall mounted switches control the hanging lights and can adjust the lights to three levels of brightness
- One of the hanging light features a motion sensor and security mode that both saves power and can alert you of passersby
- Each light has a 100 lumen max, or 400 max lumens across the four lights of the whole system
- Hanging light dimensions: 5.9 x 5.5 x 3.2 in.
- BioLite's first-crossover product, the SolarHome 620 is currently in use in over 40,000 homes across western Kenya
- The 620 = 6 Watts and 20 Watt Hours = 6-watt solar panel and 20 watt hour battery inside the control box
- Entire system comes packed in a kit about the size of a shoebox
FEATURES of the SolarHome 620 Interactive Control Box
- Gives you full control of your setup in one convenient location
- Can be mounted to a wall or other solid surface
- Backlit LED screen easy to use in any lighting
- Integrated LED display provides real-time feedback on your sun strength and power available
- Two USB charge outputs
- Plays the radio, or your own MP3 music
- Monitors the sun intake
- Can also be used as a forth light for the system
- Control box dimensions: 7.9 x 6.1 x 2.9 in.
- Control Box: 550g (1.21 lbs)
- Each Hanging Light: 300g (0.66 lbs)
- Solar Panel: 720g (1.59 lbs)
620 System Includes:
- Control Box
- 2 Hanging Lights
- 1 Security Light
- 1 Solar Panel
- USB Adapter
- Wall Screws
Fulfilled by Moosejaw via Two Tap.